Fresno Memorial Plaque 1954     
The Fresno County Historical Society
erected this plaque, which tells the history
of the Fresno area from the time when it
was a complete wilderness until the 1950s.
The history was written by Robert M. Wash,
past president of the Society, a historian and
county counsel at the time. The large piece of
granite to which the plaque is anchored came
from a quarry near Raymond, northwest of
Madera.